Centralization under the Principle of Respective Independence
1. Segmentation/Specialization of Medical Equipment
For classification of medical equipment from 50,000 to 150,000, specialization of each area is necessary after dividing them to large scale.
Classification of Medical Equipment
Medical consumables Syringes, Sutures, Surgical instruments.
Medical Equipment Beds, Astral lamps, Operation systems etc.
Medical Equipment Imaging equipment, bio-signal measurement instrument, rehabilitation equipment, etc.
New Establishment of Medical Equipment Area : Data Base for Medical Information
- Data base for on-line transactions of medical equipment.
- Network system for medical industry.
- Expectation of synergy effects through active operation of medical information system.
Implications of Medical Equipment Classification
- Training specialists in each area through classifying medical equipment into large scale and specialized areas.
- Development of medical industry through specialization of each area's medical equipment.
- Maximizing synergy effects through mutual connection of each area.
- Inducing diversification and specialization of the Cooperative Association's work.
- Aggressive confrontation on various demands from medical industry.
2. Oranizational Structuring according to medical Equipment Classification
Formilating Data Base
Adoption of the system of designating a person in charge of each area
Reinforcement of each area's specialization. / Reinforcement of the Cooperative Association.
Increasing members of the Cooperative Association through reinforcement of specialized service.
Adoption of EDI(Electronic Data Interchange)
- Computerization of confirmation work for export item recommendation (Korea Food & Drug Administration, The Customs Administration, The Cooperative Association).
- Establishing a data base for statistical figures of exports and imports.
Development of the domestic medical equipment industry
- Establishment of home page of the Cooperative Association on Internet for export promotion.
- Adoption of on-line transaction in the domestic market. (Establishment of a data base for medical information)
- Consulting on establishment of overseas branches and overseas investment.
Formulating a data base on the world medical market
- Analysis on size and growth of the world medical market by classification.
- Analysis on trend of competitors in the world medical market (Technical trend, business direction, marketing etc.)
Establishment of a data base for industrialized countries' specs and quality information
1. Brokerage Role for overseas join-venture and investment
- Analysis on a proposed country's general features for overseas investment. (Trend of a targeted company)
- Consulting on overseas joint-venture establishment.
- Consulting on each government's promoting policy to induce foreign investment.
- Provision/Brokerage of strategic M&A information.
2. Guideline for promoting cooperation with China/Japan/South East Asia
- Producing cooperative proposals to penetrate China market which accounts for one-third of the world population > Implement to participate The 63th International Medical Instruments and Equipment Exhibition held on China.
- Make an effort to sign a contract for cooperative relations with the Medical Equipment Cooperative Associations of China, Japan and Vietnam.
3. Establishment of Korean Medical Industry Cooperative Organization for Opening International Medical Equipment Exhibition
- Operation of joint exhibition center.
- Joint-effort for inducement of oversea buyers.
- Adoption of joint-strategy for exploring overseas market.
4. Implementation of GHCP(Global Healthcare Contribution Program
- This is a program led by KMDICA under the support of KOICA, an agency organized under Korea's Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides assistance to underdeveloped or developing countries.
- In response to such countries' needs, GHCP purchases medical equipment through bidding and provides the procured equipment to the countries free of charge. GHCP aims to improve the global medical service and to solidify the diplomatic relationship between Korea and the beneficiaries.